There is nothing quite as glorious as stepping up to the Holiday table with a gorgeous Prime Rib. It makes a stunning presentation and it screams this is a special occasion. I want to share a memorable meal my friends and family. It is so simple to prepare and with a little bit of rub and time in the fridge overnight, it can be downright spectacular.
The combination of sweet and salty is a little unexpected touch the first time you bite into the prime rib. Trust me, it an unexpected touch that you will want over and over as you enjoy this meal. This recipe for Sweet and Garlicky Prime Rib is a true melt in your mouth delicacy. The presentation of this gorgeous Certified Angus Beef Prime Rib is fit for a king and queen. My entire family went crazy over this beautiful hunk of meat.
- 5-pound Certified Angus Beef ribeye roast (Prime Rib)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons paprika
- ¼ cup powdered garlic
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons black pepper
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large plastic bag.
- Shake, Shake, Shake until well combined.
- Generously rub the dry mixture all over the prime rib. Pat it in there so that it gets in all the grooves.
- I like to add an extra layer over the fat.
- Place on a roasting rack in a shallow roasting pan and leave in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450º F.
- Roast uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325º F and roast for 2 hours for 2 hours for medium rare. ** for best results, download the Roast Perfect App and follow directions. Perfection every single time.
- Transfer roast to a cutting board and let rest for 15 minutes before carving.
What I love best is the ease of this holiday menu. I am a big believer in spending time enjoying the day with the family. My no stress menu is perfect for a holiday or any Sunday Supper.
- The night before, I rubbed the Certified Angus Beef Prime Rib with the garlic and sugar rub
- I made the mashed potatoes ahead of time and put them in the oven 20 minutes before we were ready to serve dinner
- The carrots cooked right in the same roasting pan – boy were they the most delicious sweet and salty carrots
- The corn was prepared ahead of time (full confession, I used frozen corn) and I added the prosciutto before sautéing
and topped it with pomegranate seeds
- Asparagus is so delicious when roasted in the oven simply drizzled with olive oil. Since I had some prosciutto on hand, I drizzled some on top and shaved fresh parmesan before serving
- I used the Roast Perfect app and followed step by step instructions to the juiciest prime rib my family has ever tasted. No guess. No stress. Roast Perfect every time.
It is an honor to feature Certified Angus Beef® brand around our family table for the weekly 7 p.m. ET Sunday Twitter chat. We will be giving away a Le Creuset roasting set and a 6-pound boneless beef roast during the chat. To enter you will need to download Certified Angus Beef® brand’s free#RoastPerfect app and attend the Sunday Twitter chat to answer three bonus giveaway questions. The winner will be announced at the end of the chat. Come join the fun!
The Sunday Supper tastemakers have outdone themselves again. They are sharing their favorite recipes for roasts using the #RoastPerfect app. This is one gorgeous Pinterest board you don’t want to miss.
- Asian Beer Marinated Roast by Food Done Light
- Bone-In Rib Roast Recipe by Recipe for Perfection
- Cajun Herb Prime Rib Roast by Flavor Mosaic
- Classic Prime Rib by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Coffee Rubbed Prime Rib Roast by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cranberry Crusted Prime Rib Roast by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Garlic Crusted Prime Rib Roast by Life Tastes Good
- Garlic Herb Beef Tenderloin Roast with Creamy Horseradish Sauce by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Greek Marinated Sirloin Tip Roast by Curious Cuisiniere
- Herbed Beef Tenderloin with Port Wine and Cranberry Sauce by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Lemon Pepper Sirloin Tip Roast by Magnolia Days
- Lendenbraten with Black Truffle Sauce by Palatable Pastime
- New York Strip Roast by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Prime Rib Roast with Brussels Sprouts by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Prime Rib Roast with Creamy Horseradish Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Prime Rib Roast with Santa Maria Rub by Shockingly Delicious
- Roasted Shallot and Herb Roast by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Spiced Ribeye Roast with Caramelized Onion by Cooking Chat
- Sweet and Garlicky Prime Rib by Family Foodie
- Peppercorn Beef Tenderloin Roast with Mushroom Cream Sauce by Whole Food | Real Families
- #RoastPerfect Tips Plus Holiday Roasting Recipes #SundaySupper by Sunday Supper Movement
More on Certified Angus Beef® brand: Follow them on social media to keep up the latest news and happenings. Here are quick links to Certified Angus Beef’s social media profiles: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Periscope and YouTube. Use this store locator to find places near you to buy Certified Angus Beef® brand.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on Twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Certified Angus Beef® brand via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein and on individual blogs are those of the writers, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Certified Angus Beef® brand.