You will never think of waffles the same once you bite into these Sweet and Spicy Pecan Shredded Beef Waffles.
Waffles for dinner? – I say BRING THEM ON! You all know how much I love a big meal on Sunday and reinventing leftovers during the week. Whatever is on the menu on Sunday night is almost always doubled so we can make easy dinners during the week. My family doesn’t love traditional leftover reheated in the microwave, so I love reinventing leftovers into new meals. I have gotten so clever with my reinvention recipes that many times the fam doesn’t even realize it is the same meal served a new way.
This came about when all my kiddos were young and in multiple sports. I knew that if I didn’t prepare on Sunday, our weekday supper meals would be most likely be on the road. Let me tell you, I look back and I wonder how we made it through the days of four football games in one week!
My boys love a good old-fashioned beef roast. In the summer months, I tend to use the slow cooker a lot. It makes for easy and delicious meals that I can double up and it doesn’t make the house 1000 degrees. You all know I live in Florida after all. My new creation of Carrot Ginger Shredded Beef has been a huge hit at our house.
First I made the double batch of Carrot Ginger Shredded Beef , then I made barley bowls with spinach, almonds and dried cherries, then we enjoyed a Summer Quinoa Bowl with avocados. But I think we all agreed… this Sweet and Spicy Shredded Pecan Beef Waffles hit a home run! Sweet, Spicy, Salty and oh so incredibly delicious!
- 2½ cups of purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup melted butter, (1/2 stick)
- 2 cups maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons hot sauce (or desired level of hot, add more or less)
- 2 cups shredded slow cooker beef
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup shredded carrots (if desired
- 3 green onions, sliced thin
- Oil Spray for the waffle iron
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar and baking powder.
- In another large bowl beat the milk, eggs, vanilla and melted butter.
- Using an electric mixer, add the flour mixture slowly to the milk mixture until well blended. Do not over beat, some lumps are okay.
- Lightly coat the waffle plates with spray cooking oil.
- Preheat the waffle iron to medium high.
- Pour approximately ¾ cup of batter (enough to fill the bottom plate) into the center of the bottom plate.
- Close the plate and wait five seconds to rotate the plates or follow directions of your waffle iron.
- Cook for approximately 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile in a small pot, combine the maple syrup and hot sauce until warm. Let sit until ready to serve.
- In a skillet add the shredded beef, pecan and carrots.
- Cook on medium high for approximately five minutes or until carrots are cooked but still crispy.
- Plate waffles topped with sweet and spicy pecan beef and drizzle warm spicy maple syrup.
- Sprinkle with additional chopped walnuts and green onions.
- Enjoy! It really is that good.
I am so confident that this Sweet and Spicy Pecan Shredded Beef will be a big hit that I am challenging the chicken and waffles trend – Move over chicken, make room for Beef & Waffles.
AND….I have a total confession. I purchased my first waffle iron this week and I am in love! Let the waffle inspiration roll!
Make sure you join us around the virtual table on Sunday as we share our best waffle recipes. We’ll be talking all things waffles at our weekly twitter chat at 7pm ET! Just follow along with the hashtag #SundaySupper to join the fun! We’ll be sharing our best waffle recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner and more! This is one tasty event you do not want to miss!
Sweet and Sinful:
- Banana Split Waffle Cake by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Black Raspberry Cheesecake Lemon Waffles by From Gate to Plate
- Blueberry Buttermilk Waffles by Alida’s Kitchen
- Boston Cream Pie Waffles by Crazed Mom
- Breakfast Poutine Waffles by She Loves Biscotti
- Chocolate Cherry Beet Waffles by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Chocolate Chip Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Chocolate Pizelles – The Italian Waffle by GirlAbroad
- Churro Waffles by The Redhead Baker
- Coconut Waffles by Omnivore’s Cookbook
- Dark Chocolate Waffles with Cherry Syrup by The Chef Next Door
- Easy Peasy Blueberry Sauce for Waffles by Pine Needles In My Salad
- “Elvis Waffles” Peanut Butter Bacon with Banana by Dash of Evans
- Fluffernutter Waffles by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Iced Gluten Free Waffle Cookies by What The Fork Food Blog
- Irish Cream Waffles with Whiskey Strawberries by Tramplingrose
- Japanese Green Tea Matcha Cream Topped Vegan Waffles by NinjaBaker
- Maple Bacon Waffle Ice Cream Cake by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake Waffles by Cookin’ Mimi
- Red, White and Blueberry Sourdough Waffles by Cooking With Carlee
- S’Mores Waffles by The Freshman Cook
- Spiced Banana Nut Waffles by Magnolia Days
- Strawberry Shortcake Waffles with Cinnamon Whipped Cream by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Strawberry Waffle Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Waffle Kebabs with Maple Yogurt Dipping Sauce by A Mind Full Mom
- Yeasted Waffles with Peach Syrup by Pies and Plots
Savory Brinner Winners:
- Asiago Waffle Egg Sandwiches by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Bacon Cheeseburger Waffles (Low Carb) by My Life Cookbook
- Bacon Waffles by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Biscuit Waffle Breakfast Stacks by The Weekend Gourmet
- Bleu Pig Potato Waffles by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Cheesy Bacon Waffles with Spicy Ketchup by Momma’s Meals
- Cheesy Polenta Waffles by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Cheesy Spinach Waffles with Ham by Wholistic Woman
- Chicken and Ramen Waffles by kimchi MOM
- Chicken & Waffles by Family Around the Table
- Corn Waffles Nachos-Style by Caroline’s Cooking
- Croque Monsieur Waffles by Un Assaggio of Food, Wine & Marriage
- Eggs Benedict Cauliflower Waffles by Life Tastes Good
- Eggs Benedict Waffle by Brunch-n-Bites
- Falafel Waffles by Helpful Homemade
- Loaded Gluten Free Cornbread Waffles by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Mexican Cornbread Waffles by Sunday Supper Movement
- Monte Cristo Waffle Sandwich by Palatable Pastime
- Pulled Pork Waffle Tacos by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pumpkin Cornbread Waffles with BBQ Chicken Thighs by Our Good Life
- Scallion Waffles by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Waffled Falafel Sandwiches by Food Lust People Love
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement