“The world of cooking isn’t some exclusive club; it’s open to anyone who has a love for food.” ~ Chef Joe Castro
Summer is officially here. This time of year, I look forward to making my menu a little lighter… a little fresher. I love shopping and using ingredients from my Farmer’s Market and incorporating them into our Fresh Summer Menu.
On my recent visit with GE Monogram Experience Center in Louisville, KY, I was introduced to Chef Joe and Chef Brian and loved cooking along with them. They were so inspirational and their love for good fresh food was contagious. Their recipe for Thai Lettuce Wraps is perfect for this time of year.
Whether for Sunday Supper or Weekday Supper, this recipe will inspire great conversation Around the Family Table in your home.
- 1 LB ground lean beef
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp tamari (or soy sauce)
- 2 tbsp of Srirachi sauce
- 2 tbsp Thai Sweet chilli sauce
- ¼ c. orange juice
- ¼ c. diced green onions
- 2 tbsp honey
- I head of Bibb lettuce, washed and dried. Leaves separated.
- For the slaw
- 5 cups shredded cabbage and carrots (You can use the organic bagged cole slaw mix)
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp finely diced cilantro
- 1 tbsp limejuice
- 1 tsp tamari
- 2 tbsp tahini paste
- ½ c. natural chunky peanut butter (sub almond butter if you’re legume-free)
- 2 tbsp honey
- ⅓ c. orange juice
- For the beef, place all ingredients in cast iron pan
- Ladle some of the juice left in the skillet onto the meat and stir to coat
- Sauté for a few minutes until beef is cooked through
- For the slaw, whisk all the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl except the cabbage & carrots.
- Then pour the mixture over the slaw and toss to coat.
- Place the meat on the lettuce, top with slaw, and wrap burrito-style.
- Serve with hoisin or sweet chili sauce.
For more fabulous Fresh Summer Recipes check out All in Good Food. Chef Joe and Chef Brian will be sure to inspire meals Around the Family Table.