Today we have a guest blog post by my youngest son, Riley.
Happy Mother’s Day!
Today is a day for us to appreciate some of the greatest, most important people in our lives. I don’t know where I would be today without my mom. You know her as a food blogger, I know her as a loving, caring mother. Even with her crazy busy schedule she still manages to show up to all my school and sporting events, take time to ask about my day, and put an excellent meal on the table. How she does it is still a mystery. But the biggest mystery is the way she is able to cook. I just hope that everybody’s moms are able to do what mine does.
This Truffle Sea Salt Shrimp Salad is one of my mom’s favorites and we are excited to share it with all of you!
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cups of baby arugula
- ½ teaspoon truffle sea salt or good quality sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- juice from one lemon
- 4 tablespoons shaved parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high.
- Add garlic and cook for approximately 30 seconds.
- Add shrimp and cook, stirring often, until almost opaque throughout, about 4 minutes.
- Season with truffle sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- In a large bowl toss the baby arugula 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil, truffle sea salt, fresh ground pepper and juice from one lemon
- Arrange the shrimp over the arugula salad including juices
- Sprinkle the shaved parmesan cheese over the salad
- Garnish with fresh lemon if desired
To all the amazing mom’s in the Sunday Supper Family, Happy Mother’s Day! Thank you for all your inspiration, encouragement and recipes week after week. Big hugs to Liz from That Skinny Girl Can Bake for hosting this fantastic event!
Mother’s Day Breakfast:
- Bacon,Egg and Cheddar Scones from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Chai Berry Muffins from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Chocolate Almond Prune Bread from What Smells So Good?
- Greek Breakfast Strata from Curious Cuisiniere
- Maple Almond Butter from girlichef
- Orange Julius from Neighborfood
- Rum Rolls from Daily Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Eggs with an Asian Accent from NinjaBaking.com
Mother’s Day Appetizers, Soups and Salads:
- Asparagus and Prosciutto Crostini from Hip Foodie Mom
- Carrot Ginger Soup from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Chilled Spring Pea Soup from An Appealing Plan
- I Love You Mom Melon Salad from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Strawberry Salad with Asparagus Mousse from Delaware Girl Eats
- Truffled Sea Salt Shrimp Arugula Salad from Family Foodie
- Vegetable Shu Mai from My Healthy Eating Habits
Mother’s Day Main Dishes:
- Betty’s Salad from Jelly Toast
- Brussels Sprouts Kofta from Soni’s Food
- Cajun Shrimp Eggplant Casserole from Food Lust People Love
- Crepes Lorraine from Noshing With The Nolands
- Greek Chicken Pizza from Casa de Crews
- Ham and Spinach Quiche from Try Anything Once Culinary
- Lightened-Up Penne & Tomato Cream Sauce with Peas & Prosciutto from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Mac & Cheese Dressed Up for Mother’s Day from Cooking Chat
- Mini Pot Pies from Jane’s Adventures in Cooking
- Paprika Shrimp from Nosh My Way
- Spears in a Blanket from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
Mother’s Day Desserts:
- Banana Cream Pie from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Black-Eyed Susan from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cannoncini alla Crema from Manu’s Menu
- Chocolate Babka from Run DMT
- Chocolate Caramel Tart from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Creme Brûlée from Desserts Required
- Frozen Strawberry Cheesecake from Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Gluten Free Lemon Curd Pie from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Lemon Cookies from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Limoncello Lemon Pound Cake from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Mom’s Glazed Blueberry Tarts from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Mom’s Coconut Macaroons from MealDiva
- Mango Sorbet from Pescetarian Journal
- PB&J Macaron from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Peach Cobbler from Cookin’ Mimi
- Pina Colada Cake from The Foodie Army Wife
- Pineapple Empanadas from La Cocina de Leslie
- Scotch Tea Cookies from Shockingly Delicious
- Strawberry Shortcake Whipped Cream Cupcakes from Seduction in the Kitchen
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies from Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our#SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here—>Sunday Supper Movement.