I have been dreaming of White Asparagus & Salmon Salad – Spring is in the air where we live…Florida. While I am still watching snowy pictures go by on social media channels, we are fortunate enough to live in a State that the temperature is just perfect. This is the time of year that Floridians live for. I spent the day with my youngest today – farmers market, enjoying lunch at an outdoor deli, sitting outside, chatting and loving the feel of warm sun. When you are one of four, it is a treat to have some one on one time. We enjoyed every minute.
Our Farmers Market had the most amazing white asparagus this week. It was just calling my name as I walked by. Maybe you didn’t know, but I am slightly obsessed with Salmon-I know, I know enough already! As soon as I saw the asparagus, I started dreaming up this White Asparagus and Salmon Spring Salad. Oh and have I mentioned my other obsession… eggs. They are seriously necessary on everything, including this salad!
This White Asparagus & Salmon Salad screams Spring. It was so good that I am incorporating it into our Easter Menu this year! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
- 2- 4 ounce salmon pieces or leftover salmon
- salt & pepper to taste
- ½ pound white asparagus
- juice from 3 lemons
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- If making the salmon fresh: Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Season salmon with salt & pepper and place each on a sheet of foil.
- Wrap salmon up loosely to form a packet.
- Place packets on a rimmed baking sheep and bake for 10-15 minutes depending on thickness of filet.
- Add water to a large skillet and bring to a boil.
- Add the asparagus and cook for a approximately 8 minutes until crisp tender.
- Remove and run cold water over asparagus in colander.
- Make the vinaigrette.
- Put the lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, Dijon mustard and honey in a small bowl and stir until honey dissolves.
- Gradually whisk in the oil.
- Vinaigrette can be made a day ahead.
- Arrange asparagus, chopped salmon and chopped eggs on a plate.
- Drizzle a little dressing over top.
- Sprinkle green onions on top and season with a bit of sea salt & pepper
- You're going to love this one!
This week’s #SundaySupper event is hosted by Amber from Mama’s Blissful Bites. I adore her blog and her recipes but most of all I adore her sense of humor! She cracks me up and I find that I can’t wait to see what she posts next on twitter and facebook! You can follow Amber on twitter @mamapoolecooks and like her fan page Mama’s Blissful Bites.
Green and Spring Dishes Menu Includes:
- Baked Eggs with Shaved Asparagus and Proscuitto by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Shrimp and Leek Quiche by Gourmet Drizzles
- Spinach and Cheddar Quiche for St. Patrick’s Day Brunch by Supper For A Steal
- Asparagus and Spring Onion Frittatta by Country Girl in the Village
- Egg Bake with Spring Onions, Asparagus and Artichokes by The Wimpy Vegetarian
Apps, Bread, Salads, Soups and Dressings:
- Gluten Free Irish Soda Bread by The Meltaways
- Strawberry, Avocado, Spinach Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette by Daily Dish Recipes
- Asparagus Gazpacho by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Spinach Bacon Salad by In The Kitchen with Audrey
- Anchovy and Egg Salad by Pescetarian Journal
- Sweet and Sour Cabbage Soup by Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Asparagus Red Pepper Salad by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- White Asparagus & Salmon Spring Salad by Family Foodie
- Chicken-Strawberry Field Green Salad w/Strawberry Balsamic Dressing by The Weekend Gourmet
- Bacon & Egg Spring Salad by Daddy Knows Less
- Green Garbanzo Hummus by Soni’s Food
Main and Sides:
- Pea Shoot Risotto by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Creamy Meyer Lemon Pasta by Juanita’s Cocina
- Sweet Ginger Scallion Noodles by What Smells So Good?
- Asparagus Pesto w/Heirloom Fingerlings and Orecchiette by Webicurean
- Coddle for St. Patrick’s Day by Noshing With The Nolands
- Corned Beef Cabbage Rolls by Curious Cuisiniere
- Brown Butter Brussels Sprouts with Gruyère and Hazelnuts by Hip Foodie Mom
- Raw Cucumber Sandwich with Avocado and Spinach Sauce by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Berry Tacos by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Asparagus and Prosciutto Bundles by Diabetic Foodie
- Caramelized Grapes and Brie Whole Wheat Galette by Vintage Kitchen
- Pink Water Kimchi (Nabak Kimchi) by Kimchi Mom
- Key Lime Cheesecake by The Foodie Army Wife
- Irish Coffee Ice Cream with Caramel Whiskey Sauce by 30A Eats
- Coconut Raspberry Layer Cake by Gotta Get Baked
- Fresh Mango Berry Mousse With Coconut Cream by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Chocolate Mint Brownies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Strawberry Sorbet by Magnolia Days
- Cadbury Creme Egg Pull-Apart Sweet Rolls by Chocolate Moosey
- Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Meyer Lemon Ice Cream Sandwiches by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Lemon Roll Cake by The Ninja Baker
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Candied Flowers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Lemon Citrus Cookies by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Mini Fruit Tarts by Big Bear’s Wife
- Faux Fried Ice Cream by Neighborfood
- Watergate Salad by Cupcakes and Pearls Blog
- Good-for-You Strawberry Tiramisu Cheesecake Cups by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Guinness Beer Milkshake by The Urban Mrs
- Wines to Pair with Springtime #SundaySupper Dishes by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Please be sure you join us on Twitter throughout the day during #SundaySupper. We’ll be meeting up at 7:00 p.m. EST for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat where we’ll talk about our favorite cookout recipes!