When I was a little girl, my grandmother would make all her gifts for friends and family. To her, it wasn’t a special gift if it wasn’t homemade. She loved sharing special gifts from the kitchen and her friends looked forward to seeing what the special treat they would receive every year. What could me more special than a gift from the kitchen made with love?
The moment I opened Desserts in Jars by Shaina Olmanson, I was in love and memories of my grandmother came flooding back. I was in love with a world of beautiful, fun and delicious desserts. Shaina a mother of four, knows how to have fun in the kitchen, and understands that we eat with our eyes. She pulls you into her recipes of beautiful desserts first with her drool worthy photography and then with the understanding that we give a piece of ourselves with the food we make and share with others.
From a child’s birthday party, to wedding and baby showers, potlucks, and holiday or hostess gifts, Desserts in Jars has the perfect recipe to celebrate every moment big or small. Many of the desserts evoke memories full of nostalgia and whimsy and encourage us to put a new twist on old favorites. I love that Shaina shows us how to decorate and adorn the jars with ribbons, tags and toppers to make the Desserts in Jars Fun and Fabulous. Sometimes that finishing touch says so much.
I am honored to be working with Shaina Olmanson, an accomplished cook, writer, and photographer. She writes FoodforMyFamily.com, which was named one of the top ten Top 100 Mom Food Blogs by Babble.com in 2010, 2011, and 2012, as well as a Top 10 Family Food Blog by My Life Scoop Blogs.com. Shaina is a contributor on Babble’s Family Kitchen, and has served as the food editor for LifetimeMoms, a digital property of A&E Networks.
To Shaina – “Food is many things to many people. For our family, it is something we enjoy doing together. Whether it is in the preparation or the consumption. It gives us energy. Keeps us healthy and helps my little ones to grow. It provides a reason to get together with friends and talk and makes a wonderful gift. ”
You are invited to meet and chat with Shaina this Tuesday.
Join us at 12 noon during the Midlife Roadtrip Blogtalk Radio Show Call in to speak with Shaina, hosts Sandi & Rick and me (213) 943-3502. We would love to hear from you!
Then come join Shaina on Twitter Tuesday evening at 8:00 pm Eastern time during our Desserts In Jars Holiday Party Twitter Chat.
Ten Members of the #SundaySupper Team will be sharing their favorites from this cookbook throughout the week and how they are incorporating Desserts in Jars into this seasons gifts for friends and family. They have tested these recipes and want to share their experience with you! Join us on twitter on Tuesday night at 8pm Eastern time, ask them questions and then hop on over to their blogs for a chance to win one of 10 Desserts in Jars Cookbooks they are giving away.
- Nicole Cook from Daily Dish Recipes fell in love with Banana Buttermilk Triffles.
- Karen Hartzell blogs at In The Kitchen with KP and wants to share Pull Apart Cinnamon Bread with friends and family.
- Pam Clark from The Meltaways will be warming us up with the Spiced Hot Chocolate Mix with Cinnamon Marshmallows
- Heather Gonzalez is the girlichef who can’t wait to share Orange White-Chocolate Cheesecakes with Cranberry Sauce
- Amber Poole who blogs as Mama’s Blissful Bites will be sharing the Campfire Bars Mix
- Sunithi Selvaraj from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz loves Cherry Almond Bars
- Jaime Rippy the blogger behind Mama Mommy Mom couldn’t resist the Pumpkin Cheesecakes with Gingersnap Crust
- Renee Dobbs from Magnolia Days had so much fun preparing Monster Cookies Mix
- Jen Martinez form Juanita’s Cocina is raving about the Basil Strawberry Lemonade Granita… oh yeah
- Lane Richeson from Supper for a Steal loves the twist on an old favorite Strawberry Shortcake
If you would like to purchase this book for yourself or to give as a gift this season, you can purchase Desserts in Jars here.