I have always enjoyed cooking with my kids. Spending time with my kids in the kitchen is one of my favorite ways to spend the day. As they get older, you forget how much fun it really is to cook with little ones. I had the opportunity to do so recently and I had the time of my life in the kitchen with one of our best friends little girl. You forget how curious they are at 5 years old. Yes, at this age, food styling is just a beautiful thing. We had made Steak and Yum Yum Salmon the night before and had all the perfect makings for Quesadillas in the fridge. We even had some sour cream, my favorite topping for quesadillas. The Mom 100 Cookbook immediately came to mind . When we found Katie Workman’s recipe for The Basic Quesadilla and It’s Infinite Variations, we knew Yum Yum Salmon Quesadillas would be a hit.
- 8 medium-size (8 inch) Flour tortillas
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 pound Yum Yum Salmon
- 1 Green Pepper sliced thin
- 1 Large Onion sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- For Serving (optional)
- Sour Cream
- Chopped fresh Cilantro
- Preheat the broiler
- Saute the Green Pepper and Onion in the Olive Oil until onion is slightly brown
- Place 4 tortillas under the broiler, right on the rack, and keep checking them until they turn golden brown on top, 2 to 3 minutes. A dark brown bubble here or there is fine. Remove the tortillas and place them uncooked side up on a work surface. Evenly sprinkle ½ cup of the cheese over each of the 4 tortillas
- Top the cheese with the peppers and onions and the Yum Yum Salmon
- Place the 4 uncooked tortillas on top of the filling. Carefully transfer the tortillas to a baking sheet and place it under the broiler. Broil the quesadillas until the cheese is melted and the top tortillas are golden brown, about 3 minutes. Let the quesadillas sit for a minute before you slice each into 6 wedges
- Serve the Yum Yum Salmon Quesadillas with salsa, sour cream, guacamole and cilantro, if desired.
Kid Ratings on Yum Yum Salmon Quesadillas: Alexandra 10, Ronnie 9, Reis 10, Riley…well let’s just say we made him a steak one. Guests gave the a perfect 10! Did I mention how much we loved topping the quesadillas with the sour cream? It is the perfect completement to the Yum Yum Sauce
I enjoyed The Mom 100 Cookbook so much and love sharing it with good friends. Katie Workman truly inspires us to spend more time in the kitchen with our children through this cookbook. It has been such a pleasure getting to known and virtually spending #SundaySupper Around the Family Table with Katie. My kids have given every recipe that we have tried from this cookbook the Thumbs up! The Arroz con Pollo recipe is now requested for dinner at least once a week. And the Garlic Lemon Rosemary Roasted Chicken is such a big hit because we love reinventing leftovers with it.
I love following Katie Workman’s blog for awesome recipes and tips on getting kids in the kitchen.
Join us this Sunday for #SundaySupper Around the Family Table with Katie Workman at 7pm ET. Katie is so much fun and will be sharing her Easy Back to School Recipes during our chat. We love for you to join us and share your tips and inspiration. Let’s make this the best school year yet for our kids!
Easy Breakfast ideas:
- Hawaiian Scrambled Eggs Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Scrambled Eggs with sausage and fresh herbs by Basic n Delicious
- Breakfast Wraps by Magnolia Days
- Scrambled Eggs with Herb Croutons Comfy Cuisine
- Scrambled Eggs for Preschoolers In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Chicken Caesar Salad Wrap by Meal Planning Magic
- California Chicken Wraps by Momma’s Meals
- Chicken, Hummus, and sautéed Vegetable Wraps by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Grilled Roast Beef Wraps with Horseradish Mayo by Juanita’s Cocina
- Mesquite Turkey, Mango and Pepper Jack Wraps by Shockingly Delicious
- Hummus, Cucumber, Roasted Pepper and Carrot Lunchbox Wrap by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Quick and Easy Mozzarella and Meatball Wrap by Mama Mommy Mom
- Herbed Beef Wraps by Brie’s Bites
- California Wraps by Daily Dish Recipes
- Sautéed Corn, with Double Bacon, Scallions and Shrimp by The Meltaways
- Garlic Lemon Rosemary Roasted Chicken by Supper for a Steal
- Kebab Chicken & Grilled Veggie Wraps with Tahini Sauce by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Fresh mozzarella Pasta Casserole by The Weekend Gourmet
- Choose Your Topping Grilled Pizza by In the Kitchen with KP
- Quesadillas Your Way by Mrs. Mama Hen
- Yum Yum Salmon Quesadillas by Family Foodie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares by Girlichef
- Fudgy One-Pot Raspberry Cocoa Brownies by Chocolate Moosey
- Fudgy One-Pot Brownies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pear Choco Walnut Coffee Cake by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Peach Clafoutis by The Messy Baker Blog
We will be sharing great family recipes all day and want you to share yours with us! Join us at 7pm ET for our #SundaySupper Chat with Katie Workman. Follow us on twitter by using hashtag #Sundaysupper or using Tweetchat. We love to feature your recipes on our #sundaysupper pinterest board and share them with all our followers.
- Connect with Katie Workman, Author of The Mom 100 Cookbook:
- The Mom 100 blog Katie shares recipes, tips and inspiration.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/katieworkman100
- Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/katieworkman100
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/katieworkman100
- Website: www.themom100.com
- Buy The Mom 100 Cookbook